The range of billing services is growing. There are bigger players like us, Cool Company, and Frilans Finans who have been active since the start, followed by a plethora of new players like Gigger, Unify and Billfactory. Everyone is shouting loudly about invoicing without companies with their particular billing service, and offers are replacing each other along with promises of low prices. But as a self-employed and freelancer, it is important to see what is actually included in the price so that you are insured both now and in the future.
As a self-employed person, you should of course have a reasonable salary and preferably leave as low a percentage as possible to administration. But as a self-employed person, it is at least as important to keep track of VAT and taxes, and to ensure that life after work is safe and comfortable. If you choose to invoice with a cheaper alternative, services are usually not included that ensure taxes and social security contributions are paid. You usually need to set aside money for holiday pay and occupational pension, and you also have to manage the administration yourself.
”… as a self-employed and freelancer, it is important to see what is actually included in the price so that you are both insured now and in the future.”
Gig economy vs project economy
Many people today talk about the gig economy, which is mainly symbolized by simple and fast jobs at companies such as Uber, Voi and TipTapp. The so-called gigs often work through an app and bid on assignments. It is about fast services performed for both private individuals and companies.
The project economy has similarities to the gig economy, the core of the concept is about mobility and independent working life. But assignments often extend over a longer period of time, wages in line with average salaries and many times further education or cutting-edge skills are required to be in demand in the project economy. Precisely working in projects and being their own manager, ie being self-employed, is predicted to become more common in several occupational categories. Creative professions and tech are two prominent examples.
Invoice without company
When you are going to take the step and start billing without a company, you should first and foremost think about which billing service suits you based on what you are going to work with. The billing services are many and the prices can vary considerably, so make sure the services and conditions that best suit your situation are included in the price.
Topp 5 – Tänk på vid val av faktureringstjänst
1. Försäkring. Skulle en olycka inträffa behöver du ha en försäkring som tar hand om både dig och det som inträffat. Beroende på yrke kan det skilja dig i vilken/vilka försäkringar som du behöver.
2. Tjänstepension. Glöm inte livet efter arbetslivet, välj en faktureringstjänst som hjälper dig att avsätta en del av din lön till tjänstepension.
3. Erfaret bolag. Kolla upp företaget så att det är ett seriöst och erfaret företag som uppfyller de villkor som ger trygghet för egenanställda, och inte enbart ett lågt pris.
4. Löneutbetalning. Beroende på hur just dina behov ser ut kan det vara bra att säkra att du genom din faktureringstjänst både kan få din lön utbetald månadsvis eller t.ex. genom expressbetalning när det behövs.
5. Rätt tjänster. Se till att de tjänster du behöver finns, t.ex. avdrag för utlägg och avdrag för rot- och rutarbete.